Online tutoring is available from Smarthinking, which is accessed in PAWS, as well as Online Tutoring Resources.
Online tutoring services from Smarthinking, allows students to receive real-time tutoring, individual instruction and support from expert online tutors up to 24 hours a day.
Academic assistance is available in the following areas:
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Computers & Technology
- Nursing & Allied Health
In order to receive online tutoring, you must sign into PAWS (opens new window) and select your course.
Online Tutoring Resources
Online tutoring resources are currently available for courses in Math, as well as Writing, Literature, Reading, or Spanish. This service provides students an additional avenue for tutoring resources in an online setting. You may submit a question or writing assignment for feedback. A tutor will respond to all online submissions within 24-48 hours.
In order to receive online tutoring resources, students must complete the following steps.
Step 1: Sign into PAWS (opens new window) and select one of your courses.
Step 2: In the upper-right corner, under "Self-Registration Courses," select the blue "self-register" link and wait for the next Web page to load.
Step 3: When the Web page loads, select one or both of the following to be enrolled in online tutoring resources.
- ASC Math Workshop
- ASC Writing, Literature, Reading, or Spanish Online Tutoring
Step 4: You are now able to receive online tutoring resources.
Online tutoring resources are currently available for the following courses in Mathematics:
- MATH 0100 Support Course for Essentials of Algebra
- MATH 1010 Math for General Studies
- MATH 0410 Support Course for Math for Elementary Education I
- MATH 0530 Support Course for Probability and Statistics
- MATH 0630 Support Course for Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1000 Essentials of Algebra
- MATH 1410 Math for Elementary Education I
- MATH 1420 Math for Elementary Education II
- MATH 1530 Probability and Statistics
- MATH 1630 Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1710 Pre-Calculus I
- MATH 1720 Pre-Calculus II
- MATH 1830 Calculus
- MATH 1910 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
Online tutoring resources are currently available for the following courses in Writing, Literature, Reading, or Spanish:
- ENGL 1001 English as a Second Language I
- ENGL 1002 English as a Second Language II
- ENGL 1002 English as a Second Language III
- ENGL 1010 English Composition I
- ENGL 1020 English Composition II
- ENGL 2110 American Literature I
- ENGL 2120 American Literature II
- ENGL 2130 Contemporary American Literature
- ENGL 2210 British Literature I
- ENGL 2220 British Literature II
- ENGL 2310 World Literature I
- ENGL 2320 World Literature II
- ENGL 2340 World Fiction
- ENGL 2650 African-American Literature
- HIST 2010 The United States History to 1877
- HIST 2020 The United States History from 1877
- SPAN 1000 Spanish Special Purpose*
- SPAN 1010 Elementary Spanish I*
- SPAN 1020 Elementary Spanish II*
- SPAN 2010 Intermediate Spanish I*
- SPAN 2020 Intermediate Spanish II*
- SPCH 1010 Fundamentals of Speech Communication