Students are placed in the Math Online Tutoring workshop by following the instructions shown below. Once you are added into the workshop, use your My.Southwest username and password to login to Desire2Learn (D2L) and begin using Mathematics Online Tutoring.
An online tutoring workshop is currently available for the following courses in mathematics:
- LPM 0700 Leap Basic Math
- DSPM 0800 Elementary Algebra
- DSPM 0850 Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 1410 Foundations of Mathematics I
- MATH 1420 Foundations of Mathematics II
- MATH 1530 Probability and Statistics
- MATH 1630 Finite Mathematics
- MATH 1710 Pre-Calculus I
- MATH 1720 Pre-Calculus II
- MATH 1830 Calculus
- MATH 1910 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
Tutoring is performed by professional tutors. This service is available free to all Southwest students currently enrolled in any of the courses listed above.
To begin using this service:
Step 1: Request to be placed in Online Math Tutoring by completing step 1, step 2 of the request form and submitting the Southwest Technical Support Request form.
- Let them know you would like to be placed in Online Math Tutoring.
- Provide your My.Southwest username.
- Provide the course number and section of the Math course you are currently enrolled in. (Example: MATH-1410-101)
Step 2: Please wait at least 24 hours for your request to be processed. You can check to see if your request was fulfilled by trying to log into PAWS for tutoring at Mathematics Online Tutoring.
Step 3: You will use your My.Southwest username and password to access Online Math Tutoring.
Additional information about tutoring and how to best use this service can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.