Advantages of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals Certificate
- The Certificate is approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR). Certificates offered by private technical schools are not TBR approved.
- The Certificate requires only six (6) courses to prepare for an entry level job in the field of computer technology.
- The Certificate costs approximately 70 percent less than a two-year Associates degree and substantially less than private technical schools.
- The Certificate provides a seamless transfer from high school, to Certificate, to Associates, to a four-year degree.
- Three of the six courses in the Certificate are accepted in the Computer Engineering Technology Associates program.
- Some employers of certificate graduates will probably pay some or all of the costs to obtain the follow-up Associates Degree.
- The Certificate benefits students seeking the Associates degree by:
- Previewing and preparing students for topics in the Associates degree courses.
- Earning recognition additional from the College and the Tennessee Board of Regents in addition to the Associates degree
- Since the Certificate emphasizes basic skills, it applies to a broad range of industries and job opportunities.
- Salaries are significantly higher than minimum wages. Salaries are comparable to other career path alternatives considering the minimal cost of the Certificate and the short time required to obtain it.
For more information, contact one of the Computer Engineering Technology faculty.