This checklist is used by prospective students who want to attend Southwest and are a citizen of another country. Follow the checklist outlined below to become an INTERNATIONAL SALUQI.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
Setting this account also creates your email (example: email@example.com). For assistance accessing your email account, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
- Request an "Official" copy of your high school/GED transcript and all previously attended college transcripts be sent to:
Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Certificate of Immunization Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Immunizations Required Under Tennessee State Law
- If you are under age 21, you will need to submit your official ACT® (American College Test) scores.
- If you are 21 or over with no previous college, you must take the COMPASS™ test. For more information contact the Testing Center.
- International students have additional requirements.
- Advising is required for all new students
- For more information contact Advising and Counseling
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a Southwest Student Identification (ID) Card in Student Activities and Multicultural Affairs.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
- Regents online degree students should visit Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: July 21, 2016