The Southwest softball program has announced the signing of 10 student-athletes to NJCAA National Letters of Intent. They will enroll at Southwest in the fall of 2013.
- Kenzie Ashford, a catcher/third baseman from Germantown High School, was a four-year letter-winner for the Lady Red Devils. She batted .320 as a senior and was named to the All-District 15AAA and The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro teams.
- Dallas Chipman, a first baseman from Bartlett High School, was named to the All-District 14AAA team three times and was selected to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro team as both a junior and senior. She batted .333 as a senior with seven home runs and 19 runs batted in and batted .520 as a junior with four home runs.
- Tara Comer, a pitcher/first baseman from Munford High School, was named All-District 13AAA, District 13AAA Most Valuable Player, The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro Team, Best of the Preps Softball Player of the Year, Tennessee Softball Coaches Association All-State and Class AAA West Tennessee Miss Softball. Comer batted .489 as a senior with three home runs and 26 runs batted in and as a pitcher won 16 games with a 1.59 earned run average and 60 strikeouts.
- Marissa Davis, a shortstop from Cherokee, Alabama, batted .574 as a senior with 62 runs scored and led the state with 82 stolen bases. She was selected to the Times Daily All-Area first team and was honorable mention Alabama Sports Writers Association Class 2A All-State as a junior and senior.
- Courtney Foster, a catcher from Carver High School, led her team to the District 16AA, MIAA Class AA and Region 8AA championships this spring. A four-time all-district and three-time The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro selection, she batted .629 as a senior with 10 home runs, 25 runs scored, 17 runs batted in and 17 stolen bases.
- Lauren Ray, a pitcher from Bolton High School, batted .348 as a senior with four doubles, one triple, one home run, and 15 runs batted in. She won nine games as a pitcher with a 2.97 earned run average and struck out 74 batters. Ray was selected All-District 14AAA in both her junior and senior seasons and was twice named to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro team.
- Alissa Rice, a second baseman from DeSoto Central High School, was named second team All-DeSoto County as a senior. She played varsity softball for four years and helped lead her team to three district championships and a 23-7 record and the Class 6A state semifinals as a senior.
- Alex Stanford, a pitcher from Munford High School, was a two-time member of the All-District 13AAA team and also The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro team. As a senior, Stanford batted .382 with 12 doubles, one home run and 30 runs batted in and as a pitcher won 10 games and struck out 56 batters in 65-1/3 innings. In addition, she batted .333 as a junior and won 14 games with a 1.15 earned run average and 110 strikeouts.
- Casey Tarwater, a catcher from Millington Central High School (MCHS), lettered four years for the Lady Trojans and was named first team All-District 14AAA and to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro team as a senior. She batted .289 as a senior and led the team with a .500 on-base average, 21 runs scored and 18 stolen bases. Tarwater played in 85 games in her career at MCHS, batting .303 with 68 runs scored, 78 hits and 29 stolen bases.
- Alex Turner, an outfielder from Munford High School, batted .373 as a senior with 14 doubles, three triples, four home runs and 36 runs batted in. She was twice named All-District 13AAA and was selected to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro team as a senior. One of five Best of the Preps Player of the Year finalists, Turner was also named to the Tennessee Softball Coaches Association Class AAA All-State team and was selected to play in the Tennessee West-Middle-East and Tennessee vs. Kentucky All-Star Games.