A Department of Extended Programs
- 121 West Court Square, Somerville, TN 38068
- Phone: 901-333-4341/901-333-7656
- • Fax: 901-466-1826
- Downloadable Map
- • Directions
To anticipate and respond to the educational needs of the growing population of Fayette County, Southwest's Fayette Site, through its community partnerships, offers classes and student support services at two convenient locations: the Fayette County Career Center and Fayette-Ware Comprehensive High School.
To expand the availability of classes, the Fayette Site has three distance learning laboratories that allow students in Fayette County to be linked to another classroom at one of the main campuses. Southwest's vision for Fayette County is to build a full-service, comprehensive center of higher education that will offer a broad range of courses and degree programs.
Locations and Hours of Operation
Fayette County Career Center (FCCC)
- Classes are normally scheduled Monday through Thursday from 4:30 to 10 p.m., and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Student support services are available during hours when courses are scheduled to provide student assistance and by appointment. The computer lab is available for student use from 8 a.m. until closing.
- In the event of an emergency contact the Somerville Police, 901-465-3205, Fayette County Career Center Director Molly McCarley, 901-266-1538, and Fayette Site Director after the emergency calls to police and/or security have been placed.
Fayette-Ware Comprehensive High School (FWHS)
- Classes are normally scheduled Monday through Thursday from 2 to 10 p.m.
- Student support services are available after 3 p.m. when courses are scheduled at this location.
- In the event of an emergency contact the Campus Police Officer, Walter Perry, on duty in the building and school office 901-465-9838. After the emergency calls to police and/or security have been placed contact the Fayette Site Director.
- Academic Support Center
- Admissions and Records
- Advising and Counseling
- Cashier's Office
- Financial Aid
- Online Registration via My.Southwest
Calendar of Events
Visit the Student Events calendar for more information.
Classes at the sites, whether stand-alone or partnered, are staffed by full-time and adjunct faculty members dedicated to the student's success. Many of the faculty members are residents of the county. Small classes assure a more individualized approach and enable faculty members to serve as advisors, mentors and instructors.