Workers' Compensation

At Southwest Tennessee Community College, employee safety, security and well-being are a high priority for all of us. We take every measure to provide the safest work environment possible for our employees, and we strive to ensure that injuries and accidents are rare occurrences.

The State of Tennessee Workers' Compensation Program is administered through CorVel, the Workers' Compensation Third Party Administrator (TPA). If you experience a workplace injury, you need to report the injury to your supervisor immediately and both of you need to call the Nurse Hotline number (866) 245-8588. A nurse will assess your situation and advise you what to do. If it is a life threatening workplace injury, call 911 immediately.

If you have a job-related injury that does not require medical attention, or you choose not to seek medical attention, you must contact the Office of Public Safety at (901) 333-4242 (Macon Cove Campus) or (901) 333-5555 (Union Avenue Campus) to file an official report of the injury with the college.

If you have any questions or concerns about your Workers' Compensation benefits, please contact Human Resources at (901) 333-5340.