Study Abroad Selection Criteria
The student must apply to the Southwest International Studies office.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
- Student must be currently enrolled at Southwest full-time or part-time
- Student must have completed 12 credit hours of college level coursework
- Student must have successfully completed, at the time of the application, Developmental Reading (DSPR 0800), Developmental Writing (DSPW 0800), and Elementary Algebra (DSPM 0800); if developmental courses are required.
To obtain the required document contact the International Studies office. All items listed below must be submitted to the International Studies office.
- Two letters of recommendation from a Southwest faculty member
- A brief essay, 500 words minimum, on the student's intent and purpose of participation in the selected study abroad program
- A current transcript, Transcript Requests
- An academic progress report
- A non-refundable application fee
- An interview with an International Studies Committee Representative at Southwest
- Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) orientation
- Southwest Study Abroad orientation
- Complete Service Learning (Center for Service-Learning & Civic Engagement) hours based on the scholarship award level