At the NSO session, you will have the opportunity to meet with an advisor, register for classes, speak with a Financial Aid representative, as well as receive important information pertaining to your college career.
Select a header to expand/collapse the content.
- First-time entering, degree-seeking students who will attend Southwest in the upcoming semester
- Students who participated in Dual Enrollment and have not attended college since their high school graduation
- Transfer students
The following documents must be submitted to the Admissions and Records office before you can attend a NSO. If you have already submitted these documents, you are ready for the NSO:
- A copy of your ACT, SAT, COMPASS, or ASSET college placement test scores (required)
- Copies of transcripts from all previously attended colleges
We also recommend you submit the following documents to the Admissions and Records office:
- A copy of your immunization records, if you were born on or after January 1, 1957
- An official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript
- Proof of citizenship (Driver's license, State ID, Birth Certificate, Green Card, or Passport)
Remember to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window). For help completing the FAFSA or for questions about financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office.
There are different ways to register/complete the required NSO; complete the online Student Orientation or attend a face-to-face session.
Complete the NSO online by logging into the Student Orientation (opens new window) using your My.Southwest user name and password.
Reserve a seat for one of the NSO sessions shown in the Schedule table below. Registration can be scheduled online (opens in a new window), or by calling the Advising and Counseling office at 901-333-4594 [Macon Cove Campus] or 901-333-5122 [Union Avenue Campus].
|Jul 21/Thu||4:30 p.m.||Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 1201 (Auditorium)|
|Jul 22/Fri||9 a.m.||Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 1201 (Auditorium)|
|Jul 26/Tue||4:30 p.m.||Maxine A. Smith Center|
|Aug 4/Thu||4:30 p.m.||Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 1201 (Auditorium)|
|Aug 5/Fri||9 a.m.||Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 1201 (Auditorium)|