Welcome home Saluqis! As you prepare to embark on a new journey, orientation ensures you are equipped to walk the path towards student success. This is your first step.
You are just beginning an exciting and enriching future. At orientation, you will have the opportunity to meet new friends and student leaders, learn about the wealth of student support services we offer, meet your professional academic advisor (PAA), and register for classes. You will not have to do this alone. We are here to help you navigate this process every step of the way. So, let’s get started.
While we encourage all incoming students to register for on-campus New Student Orientation (NSO), we realize some will not be able to attend in person. That is why we also offer online NSO. If you are interested in completing online NSO, complete the Saluqi Knowledge pre-orientation session in the PAWS online learning portal and choose the Saluqi Knowledge course from the waffle menu at the top of the PAWS screen. The option to move forward to Online Orientation will be provided.
Orientation Prep List
- Complete admission requirements
- Complete financial aid requirements
- Create your student account in the My.Southwest Student Portal
- Complete the Saluqi Knowledge pre-orientation session in the PAWS online learning portal and choose the Saluqi Knowledge course from the waffle menu at the top of the PAWS screen.
- Register for On-Campus Orientation. Below are steps for signing up for on-campus session.
- Log-in to your My.Southwest student portal.
- Select “Student Advising.”
- Select “YOUR CAMPUS”; Select “New Student Orientation”.
- Choose a date and time; then enter your Southwest Student ID Number; Click “Save.”
- Congratulations! You have scheduled your appointment.
Check your Southwest email to stay informed.
On-Campus Orientation Dates
There are no current dates available. Please contact the recruitment office for more information.