Police Services/Public Safety
Citations and Penalties
Citations issued for violations are payable as follows:
- Citations received while transporting, visiting, or otherwise serving the convenience of any employee or student will, in all cases, be charged to the recipient of the service.
- The person to whom a vehicle is registered is responsible for that vehicle and all citations issued thereto. If the person operating the vehicle is other than the registrant when a violation is committed, both the driver and the registrant may be cited.
- Employees citations are payable within thirty (30) days at the Cashier's Office.
- Employee appeals may be made by submitting an appeal form to the Faculty/Staff Appeals Committee. The form can be obtained from the Campus Police Office and must be submitted within seventy-two (72) hours after the issuance of the citation.
- The failure of an employee to pay a College-issued citation will result in an account receivable being set up and processed pursuant to Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Guideline B-010.
- Student appeals may be made by submitting an appeal form to the Student Activities and Multicultural Affairs office. The form can be obtained from the Police Services/Public Safety office and must be submitted within seventy-two (72) hours after the issuance of the citation (excluding holidays and weekends).
- The failure to pay a College-issued citation will be entered on the student's record. The student will be denied registration for further courses at the College and will be denied a transcript covering courses already completed until such time as all parking fines are paid.
- An individual who misrepresents any fact in the adjustment of a traffic citation will be subject to disciplinary and/or administrative action.
Fines will be assessed as outlined in the Campus Parking/Traffic Fines.