On-Campus Parking Areas
On-campus parking areas are designated in the following manner:
- Students – Students may park in any appropriately designated parking area.
- Employees – Employees may park in any appropriately designated parking area.
- Handicapped or Disabled – Specific areas have been reserved for students and employees with disabilities who have Handicapped or Disabled permits. These individuals may utilize these areas, as well as any other non-reserved areas.
- All vehicles using disabled parking spaces must display a valid Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) license plate or placard. All vehicles using disabled parking spaces must also display a valid campus permit (either daily or decal). A 30-day medical permit may be issued to persons with a bona fide injury/disability. The medical permit does not waive the general parking fee requirement.
- Any unauthorized use of a disabled space will result in a base fine of $200 which is not typically cancelled on appeal.
Note: Temporary placards may be issued to persons who are temporarily disabled by non-ambulatory or semi-ambulatory conditions due to surgery, bone fracture, or similar condition, and whose temporary disabling condition and the estimated duration of such condition is noted on the physician's statement.
- Reserved – Specific parking spaces may be designated for specific College officials or groups of individuals. Only those individuals who have designated parking may utilize those spaces.
Parking is prohibited in the following areas:
- In fire lanes – All drive-through lanes in parking lots are considered fire lanes. Within fifteen (15) feet of fire hydrants
- In driveways, unless there is a marked parking space within the driveway
- On a sidewalk, or on a grassed area
- In any area that is designated as a "No Parking" zone
- In Service and Delivery areas (except vendors and official vehicles)
- In "State Vehicle" designated parking areas
- In non-designated parking spaces at centers and teaching sites
- In any area that is designated for Handicapped or Disabled parking, with the exception of those persons who have a bona fide disability and who have been issued a state Handicapped permit or license plate
Parking areas on campus are color coordinated (coded). Failure to comply with parking regulations will result in a parking fine being applied to your Southwest account. The color parking codes are as follows:
- Student parking. Parking passes(decals) are required and can be obtained from Police Services/Public Safety.
- Faculty and employee parking only. Violation will result in a parking fine.
- Visitor parking only. Violations by students will result in a parking fine.
- Handicapped or Disabled parking only. Parking is permitted with a valid Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) license plate or placard and a displayed valid campus permit (either daily or decal). Handicap parking follows Tennessee state regulation and will be enforced accordingly.
The inability to locate a legal parking space in an approved area is not justification for improper parking.