Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Business, Accounting and Paralegal; Engineering Technologies; Hospitality; Environmental and Graphic Arts; Office Administration and Information Technologies Scholarship (BEHIO)
The Southwest Scholarship Committee will award the BEHIO scholarship based upon the following criteria.
- Five - $500 scholarships are available each spring and fall semester.
- Students must have a declared major in Accountancy, Business and Commerce, Paralegal Studies, Office Administration, Hospitality Management, Information Technology, Electronic Technology, Automotive Service Technology, Graphic Arts Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Architectural Engineering Technology or any Technical Certificate associated with the above A.A.S. programs.
- Students must be enrolled in at least one course specific to their major or have accumulated at least 12 hours in courses specific to their major.
- Students must have at least 2.5 GPA.
- Eligible students may be full-time or part-time.
- Scholarships for tuition or books may be granted on an emergency basis not to exceed $500. This will require the approval of the Dean of Business, Career Studies, and Technologies, along with the Department Chair of Business and the Department Chair of Technologies.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
A letter of reference is required from a faculty member in the department of the student's major.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee