Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Allied Health Sciences Scholarship
Scholarships are available for accepted allied health students. The scholarships are renewable for the second academic year, provided the 3.0 GPA is maintained.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not to include remedial courses)
- Full or part time students are eligible.
- Preference goes to first generation college student
- Must be with within 12 to 18 hours of completion of allied health program or certificate.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows the field of applicants to eight candidates, whose applications and supporting documents are forwarded to the allied health chair with faculty input for selection of recipients.