Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Bornblum Nursing Endowed Scholarship
Scholarships are available for accepted nursing school students. The scholarships are renewable for the second academic year, provided the 3.0 GPA is maintained.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not to include remedial courses)
- Must be full-time in nursing program
- Preference goes to first generation college student
- Must be in at least third semester of nursing program
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows the field of applicants to eight candidates, whose applications and supporting documents are forwarded to the nursing department chair with faculty input for selection of recipients.