Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
David C. Scott Memorial Scholarship
One scholarship for tuition ($500) for one semester. Scholarship is nonrenewable.
- Full-time Engineering Technologies degree-seeking student, majoring in Electronics Technology
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Completed a minimum of 37 hours at Southwest (second-year student)
- Must not be receiving any other financial aid, to include scholarships and/or Pell Grants
- Must never have been on academic probation or suspension
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to three, whose applications are forwarded to the Electronics Department Chairperson for the final selection.