Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Fred L. Davis Scholarship
One $1,000 scholarship per academic year ($500 per semester) is available for the candidate. Scholarship is renewable for a second academic year if the candidate maintains the required GPA.
- Returning adults or freshmen may apply.
- Applicant must agree to work with an advisor and a coach throughout their academic career.
- Applicant should have a financial need but not qualify for financial aid.
- Full or part-time student are eligible to apply for the award.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to renew award.
- Applicants must be Business Majors
- Members of the M.O.S.T. (Men of Southwest) program preferred
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee