Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
First Tennessee Foundation Business and Commerce Endowed Scholarship
Full-tuition scholarship(s) for the academic year are available. The scholarship(s) may be renewed for a second academic year.
- Business and Commerce Major focusing on any of the six major areas of concentration.
- Entering Freshmen or Returning Adult Students may apply
- May be enrolled full-time or part-time
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year
- Award may be renewed for a second academic year if recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will narrow the field of applicants to three, whose applications are forwarded to the First Tennessee Foundation Endowed Scholarship Selection Committee for final selection.