Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Mid-South Area Business Travel Association
One $125 book scholarships is available to assist students during the academic semester. The scholarship is renewable for the second semester, provided a 2.5 cumulative GPA is maintained.
- Returning adult student.
- Full or part-time degree seeking student with a minimum 2.5 college or high school GPA.
- Scholarship is renewable, provided 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Financial Aid recipients are acceptable.
- Hospitality or Business major preferred.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will review requests for book scholarship award who will narrow the field to three applicants. Recommendations will then be forward to the Mid-South Area Business Travel Association scholarship selection committee.