Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
William (Bill) and Jimmie W. Farris Endowed Scholarship
One scholarship for tuition and fees is available. Scholarship is renewable for the second academic year, provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Full-time or part-time degree-seeking student
- Any degree program
- Does not qualify for financial aid
- New or returning student
- Must have GPA of 2.5 at Southwest or at another college or high school
- Must never have been on academic probation or suspension
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee