Southwest Mentors Advancing Retention, Teamwork, and Success (SMARTS)
The mission of SMARTS is to develop supportive relationships between faculty/staff and students to provide campus advocates, resource information, guidance, and problem solving methods in order to encourage students to advance toward completion of a certificate or degree and ultimately, enter a career of choice.
Partner with a Faculty/Staff Mentor to:
- Increase access to college-level education and academic program completion
- Increase student involvement with faculty, staff and peers
- Receive recognition at student award programs and other media events
- New and returning Southwest students
- Commitment to partner one semester with a faculty or staff mentor
- Commitment to attend SMARTS meetings and events
Steps to Apply
- Complete the Student Mentee Information Sheet before the deadline.
- Attend a mandatory orientation to meet your mentor.
Remember to check Student Events Calendar for additional SMARTS related events.
Saluqi Success Pathway for Adult Learners (SSPAL) Liaisons, Lashelle McCarley, Office: Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 2140 Phone: 901-333-4012 and Tamera Hines, Office: Union Avenue Campus, B Building, Room 106, Phone: 901-333-5380