Preparing for Test Day
- Never be reluctant to ask in advance what type of questions will be on the exam. Familiarize yourself with the test questions. Reference material, study guides, or preparatory workshops are offered for some tests.
- Get plenty of rest the night before the test.
- Always eat a well-balanced meal before taking any exam. It is best to make a trip to the restroom prior to testing.
- Dress comfortably and in a way that will allow you to be comfortable in a variety of temperatures.
- Arrive approximately 15 minutes before the test is scheduled to begin. If possible, try to make a trip by the testing center a day or two in advance to get an idea of the parking accommodations, a sense of the environment, and the location of the testing room. In the event you're running late the day of the test, this little precautionary measure will come in handy.
- Listen carefully to the instructions given by the room supervisor to avoid needless errors.