Seven Things You Did Not Know About Upward Bound
- Upward Bound is a pre-college educational program funded by the United States Department of Education.
- Upward Bound's goal is to assist eligible students in their efforts successfully complete high school and attend college.
- Upward Bound provides classroom instruction, college and financial aid information, and cultural enrichment.
- Upward Bound recruits students from the following high schools:
- Upward Bound allows students to participate in a six-week summer residential program where they have the opportunity to live on a college campus and participate in various cultural and recreational activities.
- Angela Bassett (Oscar-nominated actress), John Quinones (ABC news correspondent) and Ben Watson (Memphis' very own NBX/WMC news anchor) were all participants of an Upward Bound program.
For more information, you may call 901-333-5117.