COVID-19 SAFETY & PREVENTION
- Southwest Foundations of Nursing Clinical Group presents COVID-19 (101): The Spread, Signs, Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention
- What You Need To Know About 2019 Novel Coronavirus (UPDATE) - Dr. Ziba Hooshdaran
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions
- "How to Make Your Own Face Covering with Surgeon General Jerome Adams" – YouTube Video (:45)
- "These DIY Face Mask Materials Are Best, According To Scientists"
- “Get the Facts on Coronavirus” – CBC/Radio-Canada Public Broadcast Service
- COVID-19 Safety Posters and Videos
- United States EPA Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19 - A listing of EPA-approved commercial chemical disinfectant products registered for use against the Novel Coronavirus.
- Tennessee Department of Health Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line: 877-857-2945
- TN TANF Emergency Cash Assistance for those impacted by COVID-19
Provides up to two months of cash assistance for those employed as of March 11, 2020, who have lost at least 50% of their earned income as a result of the pandemic and whose household includes a child under 18 or a pregnant woman. Please see eligibility guidelines on the website.
- Memphis Food Industry Worker Assistance
For service industry workers in Memphis impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- National Domestic Workers Alliance - Coronavirus Care Fund
Support for in-home care workers, nannies, and housecleaners during the coronavirus. Qualifying applicants who are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic can receive $400 in emergency assistance from the fund.
- One Fair Wage Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- PenFed COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief Program
Grant relief for 1 month of payment (up to $1,500) for rent, mortgage, auto payment, or utilities. available to eligible veterans, and current active-duty service members, reserves, and National Guard.
- Scholly COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
Up to $200 in cash assistance to help cover expenses during the pandemic.
- Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Program
Direct assistance for short-term needs for those employed by restaurants or bars who face unforeseen expenses and event.
- USBG National Charity Foundation Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
Emergency relief for bartenders and their families who have experienced a catastrophic event. You do not need to be a USBG member to apply for a grant.
Other local agencies providing assistance
- Mid-South Food Bank
Distributes food through a mobile food pantry to those experiencing food insecurity.
- MIFA Emergency
Location: 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126
- Memphis, Light, Gas & Water (MLGW)
Offers payment and assistance programs, as well as extension policies.
Location: 220 South Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
- Modest Needs
A non-profit organization that accepts online application for modest one-time financial assistance.
- Neighborhood Christian Center Memphis
Location: 785 Jackson Ave, Memphis, TN 38107
- Shelby County Community Services Agency
Provides assistance with bill and rent payments for low income homes, as well as up to $600 until funds are exhausted.
Location: 3772 S Hickory Ridge Mall #516 Memphis, TN 38115
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Works with up to a dozen local churches across the county to provide financial assistance for residents of Memphis.
Phone: 901-722-4703 or 901-274-2137
Location: 3522 Carnes Ave, Memphis, TN 38111
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCIES
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Shelby County Health Department
- Tennessee Department of Health