Shelby County Health Department offers COVID-19 vaccinations beginning Feb. 5; Appointments now open
By Diana Fedinec and Daphne J. Thomas
February 1, 2021
The Shelby County Health Department (SCHD) and Southwest Tennessee Community College are teaming up to offer COVID-19 vaccinations at Southwest’s Whitehaven Center beginning Friday, Feb. 5. Residents eligible for vaccination as part of Phases 1a1 and 1a2 can sign up to receive their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on both a drive-thru and walk-up basis. Appointments are required and available Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Feb. 5 – Feb. 27. The Center will be open until 6:00 p.m.; however, the last scheduled appointment time will be 5:00 p.m.
Persons eligible to be vaccinated at this time include first responders, health care workers, funeral/mortuary workers, and anyone age 75 or older. A detailed list of populations currently eligible for vaccination is available on the www.shelby.community site. Those who do not meet eligibility criteria will not be vaccinated.
The following links to sign up for appointments are posted on the Health Department’s COVID-19 landing page:
• Whitehaven 1st Dose, Feb 5-13: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/SCHDWhitehavenFeb5-13
• Whitehaven 1st Dose, Feb 16-20: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/SCHDWhitehavenFeb16-20
• Whitehaven 1st Dose, Feb 23-27: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/SCHDWhitehavenFeb23-27
Those who don’t have internet access may call 901-222-7468 (901-222-SHOT) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. for assistance in signing up for an appointment.
• Do not sign up for an appointment if you are not eligible to be vaccinated at this time.
• An appointment is required for vaccination. Do not go to the vaccination site if you do not have an appointment.
• Do not arrive more than an hour before your appointment time. Those who arrive more than an hour early will be told to return later.
Those who are not eligible at this time can sign up for the VaxQueue at https://shelby.community/covid-19-vaccine/ to be placed on a list to be called when the vaccine is available.
Southwest is proud to be a part of the historic vaccination effort against COVID-19 and values its partnership with the Shelby County Health Department to bring COVID-19 vaccinations to the Whitehaven Community.
All Southwest students, employees and visitors who test positive for COVID-19 are encouraged to self-report online on the coronavirus section of the Southwest website. The form only takes a few minutes to complete and all information will be kept strictly confidential. Please review the College's infectious disease policy and stay tuned for updates via email and on this webpage.