Runners and walkers of all ages are invited to celebrate Earth Week by participating in the fifth annual Earth Day Dash, a Virtual 5K Run/Walk benefitting Southwest’s Science Club, April 18-24, 2021. This year’s theme, "Restore our Earth,” focuses on local community and environmental education.
The Science Club is a student organization whose mission is to advance the learning and appreciation of the field of science and the environment, encourage innovation and sharing of ideas, and emphasize the biological diversity and unity of life. Proceeds from the dash will assist the club’s continued goal in raising awareness about scientific issues impacting the world and our lives.
What is the Virtual Earth Day Dash?
Here is how it works…
- Register to secure your spot.
- Get your gear mailed straight to your door.
- Run/Walk the distance on your own or with your family/friends, on a course of your choosing or treadmill. Feel free to use your favorite tracking app or watch to record your time and distance.
- You may share your results on Southwest’s Facebook page located @SouthwestTN using the hashtag #SouthwestEarthDayDash2021. To submit your results, take a photo of your tracking device or watch displaying your results and include your full name in your FB post using the hashtag. Feel free to add a photo of you running. We want to see your accomplishments and participation! NOTE: This year’s virtual run will not award medals based on official results so everyone is a winner!
- Submit your results during Earth Week April 18-24, 2021.
How to Register
Register online at Earth Day Dash Virtual 5K Registration.
Participants interested in receiving a commemorative t-shirt must be registered by March 21, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. The t-shirt will be mailed to the address you listed on the registration form.
Dash materials will be mailed two weeks prior to the event so don’t delay and register today! You may register after March 21, however, we CANNOT guarantee arrival of the dash materials prior to the run/walk for any registration completed after March 28.
The final deadline to register is April 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Partaking in a fitness challenge is no mean feat, please be aware of your fitness levels and do not put yourself under any unnecessary strain that could cause yourself injury.
Weather and surface conditions change sometimes on an hourly basis. Please be cognizant of your surroundings and be prepared for any eventuality. Whether that be altering your route, taking more fluids with you, or even postponing for another day.
In signing up for and paying the entry fee, you indemnify Southwest’s Science Club and Southwest Tennessee Community College and will not hold the club, college or anyone associated with these entities, accountable for any accident or injury to yourself or others or damage to property, personal or other while partaking in this virtual event.