Graduation and Commencement Information
Steps for Graduation: Step One
Applying for Graduation
A student planning to graduate should follow these steps:
- Meet with their academic advisor
- Check for 2.0 or higher GPA on all institutional college level courses
- Complete the online Intent to Graduate Application through the My.Southwest portal:
Click on the "Registration/Online Services" icon
Click on the "Graduation Application" link
Complete the application
- Schedule missing course requirements to be completed during the perceived final semester
- Schedule and complete any required graduate exit exam(s)
Application Deadline Dates
Submit the Intent to Graduate Application for each semester by the dates below:
- Summer Semester - July 1
- Fall Semester - November 1
- Spring Semester - April 1
After grades post and to prevent a delay in students receiving their degrees, diplomas will be mailed. The mailing date will be communicated to graduates at a later date. Please check your mailing address in the mysouthwest portal for accuracy. If you have questions regarding the Application for Graduation, email the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For August 2020 graduates, all ETS Proficiency Profile exit exams will be waived. Major Field exams for Southwest A.A.S. programs remain accessible online through PAWS and are required for graduation. If you require Testing Services assistance, please contact email@example.com, or 901-333-4170.
The Regalia (cap and gown) link will not open until a Commencement date has been confirmed. There is no graduation fee.
We only have one Commencement and that is in May of each year. The date has not been confirmed because of COVID-19. Once the date has been confirmed, we will send an email to the Southwest and personal emails and update the information on this webpage. Please ensure the personal email is current.