The Industrial Readiness Training (IRT) program offers many marketable and life nurturing skills. Successful completion of the program will offer you credentials, soft skills, and technical knowledge needed in today's workforce. Upon completion of the program you will receive the following:
- IRT certificate
- WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate Score (NCRC)
- Mechanical Aptitude Test Score (MAT)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 hour General Industry Safety Certificate
- 6.3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- applicable industry based resume
Additional attributes of the program:
- Access to over 20 local companies in Industry and Manufacturing for future employment opportunities.
- Quarterly Career Fairs exclusive to IRT graduates.
- Continued access to the IRT Lab and other Southwest services, i.e. Career Services.
- Soft skills, related to How to Dress for Success.
- Additional training through new academic programs at Southwest.
- Additional workforce training through our partner institutions of higher education such as Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT), (opens new window).