Reserve a Study Room
Students can book a study room in person, by telephone, chat, text, or self-book online.
Guidelines are in place to ensure fair governance of the study rooms for the entire student body. Act respectful and considerate at all times.
- Library study rooms are for academic use only.
- Only students currently enrolled at Southwest Tennessee Community College may check out library study rooms.
- Students may check out study rooms for 3 hours. Students may renew the check out for designated rooms if there is no conflict with the study room reservation schedule and library hours. Renewals are allowed only once per day and must be made in person.
- Students using study rooms must abide by occupancy limits, keep the lights on, keep the rooms clean, and must not move furniture.
- Overdue fines are charged to those who return study room keys late. Students are not allowed to take keys from the library.
- Library staff will only hold a study room reservation for fifteen minutes before giving the room to the next person waiting. Any study room left unattended for fifteen minutes will be given to the next person waiting. Any personal items left will be turned over to campus police.
- Students using study rooms must abide by behavior guidelines laid out in the Southwest Tennessee Community College student handbook, especially those regarding vandalism, littering, decency, and disruptive behavior. Disruptive behavior in the library may be defined as, but not limited to, behavior that obstructs or disrupts the learning environment (e.g., offensive language, harassment of students and staff, repeated outbursts from a student which disrupt the flow of instruction or prevent concentration on subjects studied, failure to cooperate in maintaining library decorum, etc.), and the continued use of any electronic or other noise or light emitting device which disturbs others (e.g., disturbing noises, conversations, or music from cell phones, lap-top computers, games, etc.).
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in disciplinary sanctions.
Instructions to Self-Book a Study Room
Your college ID is required to perform this task:
- Click to view a listing of study rooms
- Select Book this Material and enter your name and barcode number from the college ID. See example below.
If you receive an error message, please call one of our locations to complete the process. New students or students that never borrowed materials will not have a barcode on file, thus requiring attention from the staff. Subsequent visits should be o.k.
- Green represents Available for booking
- Red represents Not Available for booking
- View by date or click to View hourly calendar
- Select the date and time you prefer and Submit
- A listing of Available rooms will appear for Parrish (Union campus) and Bornblum (Macon campus), select and verify the time the booking ends.
- Wait for a confirmation message that the room is on hold for you, Click o.k. and Log out. If you forget and want to verify your reservation, Log into Your Account and review the booking information.
|Tables: Long and Short||Counter height shelf|
|Dry Ink Marker kit available for use||Computer|
|Tablet, IPad or Webcam available for use||Dry Ink Marker kit available for use|
|Tablet, IPad or Webcam available for use|