As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Scholarships and Criteria
Please read the following criteria carefully.
Note: The number of scholarships available includes awards that are being renewed for second-year recipients.
- All relevant sections of the scholarship application must be completed and a copy of your HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT attached. Failure to complete a section may result in disqualification.
- The selection process will be completed in early April by the Southwest Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be announced in May. All applicants will be notified in writing.
- Entering freshmen must apply for admission prior to the beginning of the selection process (March 15). The Scholarship Committee will not consider applications from students who have not applied for admission.
- All scholarships require full-time attendance unless otherwise noted.
- All scholarships are for one year unless otherwise noted.
- The deadline for receipt of the scholarship application with accompanying reference letters, if required is March 15, unless otherwise noted.
- Scholarship applications will be kept on file in the event that additional scholarships become available during the academic year.
Note: All scholarships listed on these guidelines website may not cover full tuition.
Reviewing the list of available Foundation scholarships. Apply for the scholarship(s) for which you wish to be considered by selecting the name(s) of the scholarship(s) on the Foundation Scholarship Application.