The Office of Retention and Student Success supports several programs and provides resources that aide the holistic success of our students.
- Academic Support Center - The ASC provides services and resources to help Southwest students successfully reach their academic and career goals. These include tutoring, resources, workshops and study areas.
- Chromebooks - Chromebooks can be checked out each semester so that you can have technology access to educational materials at home. Please send an email to Jivanta Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in checking out a Chromebook.
- Smarthinking tutoring - Smarthinking tutoring is an online tutoring program that allows you to have tutoring access during certain after school hours. You can access the Smarthinking tutoring by logging in to your My.Southwest account.
- Advising - Advising helps you to determine your next steps in your academic journey at Southwest. Not only do they help you with your classes, but they also provide services to Veterans, students who wish to transfer, and online tutoring services. Schedule your appointment with advising today by emailing email@example.com. Please provide your full name, Southwest Student ID number, and date of birth. Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2140 and Union Avenue Campus M Building, Room 110
- Career Services - If you need help selecting a major, or if you would like to know what your major looks like in the real world, stop by Career Services so that they can assist you. Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2160 and Union Avenue Campus Parrish Building, Room 134.
- Student Disabilities Services - Student Disabilities Services is here to assist you with educational accommodations as deemed necessary. Additionally they offer consultation and advice to students. Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2194 (Inside Testing Suite 2182) and Union Avenue Campus B Building, Room 227.
- Student Development - One way to obtain the most out of your college experience is to get involved. Studies and research have shown that when students are involved in activities outside of the classroom, they are able to broaden their learning horizons because they are able to apply information learned in the classroom to real world experiences. If you want to serve as an advocate for the student body, participate in community service activities, or just be a part of a movement on campus today! Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 1105 and Union Avenue Campus B Building, Room 106 (Saluqi Den)
- Testing - Testing helps with all of your testing needs. If you need to schedule a test for a class or take a placement test, this is the place to make that happen! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2182
- Veterans Affairs - Southwest offers outreach and counseling services to Veterans as they become acclimated to college life while earning a degree. If you are interested in receiving these services, please visit the Veterans Affairs website. Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2146 and Union Avenue Campus M Building, Room 110 [limited days]
- Financial Aid - Please visit the office for all of your financial aid questions, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policies, and needs. Locations: Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 2102 and Union Avenue Campus M Building, Room 112
- Campus Child Care Centers - Southwest provides child care to attending students. If you are interested in signing your child up for child care, please contact the Macon Cove Campus Campus Kids Corner at 901-333-4522 or the Union Avenue Campus Early Childhood Education Center at 901-333-5233.
- Counseling Services - Southwest Counseling Services is currently staffed by a part-time, on-campus counselor with access to contract counseling services provided by a licensed clinical social worker and a fully-staffed higher education Psychological Counseling Center. In addition to on-campus services, limited off-campus services are available through community service providers by referral of the Director of Student Development, the Executive Director of Retention and Student Success, and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs. For more information, please contact the Director of Student Development, Phoenix Worthy at email@example.com or contact the Executive Director of Retention and Student Success, Dr. Jacqueline S. Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach both individuals at 901-333-4179 or 901-333-4265, respectively.