Student obligations in the registration process are listed below:
- Please contact the Center for Access office to schedule a registration meeting at
901-333-4223- (Macon campus)/901-333-5523- (Union, Centers and Satellite campus) or
Note: For students who are registered for online courses, please contact Center for Access office to discuss how the registration meeting might be facilitated.
- Take part in the registration meeting with Manager and/or Coordinator to discuss disability/medical
information for accommodation needs. During the meeting, Present documentation of
disability or medical condition that supports each accommodation requested. The Center
for Access accepts the following documentation at registration:
• IEP/ 504 Plan (if you are a recent graduate from High School)
• Psychological Report
• Letter from Medical Provider
• Southwest Tennessee Community College Medical Documentation Form
• Supplemental Security Income (Eligible for Tuition Discount Only)
Discussion of types of reasonable accommodations will be explained in the registration meeting. Documents can be received by 1. Scanning and emailing documents to email@example.com, 2. Faxing Documentation to (901) 333-4625 or 3. By providing a copy of the documents in person during the meeting.
Note: Parents/ Legal Guardians please ensure you have completed the FERPA form before your student’s registration appointment if you will be joining the appointment.
- Present documentation of disability or medical condition that supports each accommodation requested. Discussion of types of accommodations will be stated in the registration meeting. Send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org Fax Documentation to (901) 333-4116.
- After the documentation is reviewed, the Center for Access staff will contact the student for a meeting.
- Once the registration meeting is complete, the student will be ready to request the
use of accommodations.
Students will need to see the Center for Access Manager or Coordinator every semester to provide an updated schedule to receive an accommodation letter for classes. SSI recipients will need to provide a new award letter and complete the disabled request form every semester to receive a tuition discount. Failure to meet with the manager and/or coordinator will make you ineligible for your accommodation and/or discount benefits.
- Please contact the Center for Access office to schedule a registration meeting at 901-333-4223- (Macon campus)/901-333-5523- (Union, Centers and Satellite campus) or email: email@example.com
- Fee Waiver/Discount Dates
- Grievance Procedures
- Medical Documentation Forms
- Note-taking Accommodations