Southwest Student Identification (ID) Cards
You, as a student, are required to obtain and carry at all times an official Southwest Tennessee Community College identification card (ID). New student ID cards are taken in-person inside the Office of Student Leadership & Engagement and the satellite campuses (Maxine A. Smith, Whitehaven and Gill) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Currently, we work virtually on each Friday. ID cards also can be updated or corrected in any of these locations, Macon Cove Campus – Farris 2100, Union Avenue Campus – B106, and the lobby area at the satellites.
The cost of a student ID card is included with your fee payment each semester. A $5 fee will be charged to replace all lost or inaccessible cards. The $5 replacement fee must be paid in the Cashier’s Office and a receipt shown before a new ID card is produced.
The ID card features your name, color photo, school mascot, expiration date and information about crisis lifeline. You will be issued an ID after presenting one of the following your current class schedule or your paid fee receipt.
The ID card is used to:
- Identify you as a current Southwest Tennessee Community College student.
- Allow you to check out materials from the library.
- Allow you to obtain your federal financial aid checks.
- Allow you to purchase or sell books in the Bookstore.
- Allow you to gain admission to certain events sponsored by the college or student organizations.
- Allow you to obtain discounts from area businesses.
Get a Southwest Campus ID Online
All students and employees are required to display their Southwest Tennessee Community College Campus ID whenever visiting a Southwest location. Students and employees apply online for a new or replacement Campus ID by uploading a headshot into the My.Southwest portal dashboard. Applicants will receive a receipt confirmation immediately. Once the application and photo are approved, Southwest will mail the ID to the address provided in about 10-12 business days.
To apply online for your Campus ID, follow these 5 easy steps:
- Log in to the My.Southwest portal and click the Photo ID icon at the top (next to the Parking Decal icon).
- Read and review the online photo submission requirements.
- Click next and fill in the brief form completely and sign.
- Click choose file under Photo Upload and upload a proper photo.
- Sign and click submit form.
For more information about the online campus ID program, email Student Leadership & Engagement at email@example.com.