Book and Required Supplies Voucher
The Book and Required Supplies Voucher can be used to purchase books indicated by your instructor or listed on your class syllabus. Examples of required supplies include calculators, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes, and culinary knives.
BOOK/SUPPLIES VOUCHER DOES NOT COVER Office Supplies, Electronic Devices, No Southwest
Logo Clothing or Gifts. A HOLD will be placed on your account if unauthorized purchases
Please note the Book/Supplies Voucher is not a cash transaction. Any unused funds will be credited back to the Southwest Foundation.
To acquire a book voucher, please ensure you meet the following criteria.
- Full-time or part-time student; priority will be given to those who are within 24 hours of completion of a degree or certificate program.
- Participation in any degree program.
- Financial aid recipients are acceptable; however, financial aid recipients must not receive more than $500 back in grant refunds.
- In no case can a student receive a full financial aid book award and a Foundation Book Voucher.
- New or returning student accepted.
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 at Southwest or at another college or high school.
- Awards vary between $250 and $500 depending on availability of funding and need.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED equivalency placement test to be eligible.
REMEMBER TO RESUBMIT YOUR BOOK VOUCHER REQUEST EVERY SEMESTER
Book Voucher Selection Process
- In order to be considered for the Book Voucher, students must have ANY Instructor or Advisor email a recommendation on their behalf to Ms. Cassandra Carthon
at email@example.com and include the student’s Name, ID and Email Address. The recommendation is the first
step to receiving a book voucher. Students may also apply for a book voucher in person
through the Southwest Foundation office located on the third floor of the Farris Administration
building on the Macon Cove Campus. Before visiting the office, walk-ins are encouraged
to confirm their recommendation email has been sent to Ms. Carthon.
- After the recommendation email has been received, Ms. Carthon will review the student’s
financial/academic transcripts to confirm all criteria have been satisfied.
- The student will be notified of their award via a Congratulatory Award/Non-eligible
email from Ms. Carthon that will include instructions on how to obtain the book voucher.
- All voucher award recipients are required to provide the following to the Foundation:
• Thank you note of at least five sentences
• Completed questionnaire
• Short, informal video
The Foundation will inform the student on how to submit the above items. This information will be sent to the Book Scholarship donor as an expression of appreciation for generously supporting the student.
- Please allow three business days to process a book voucher request.
Thank you for reaching out to us. Your success is our success!
For questions, contact Cassandra Carthon at firstname.lastname@example.org.