Answers to Frequently Asked Questions concerning the Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Concentration are listed below.
Mechanical engineering technicians with a concentration in manufacturing may perform such duties as:
- Design and test packaging
- Design and develop product
- Create engineering CAD drawings
- Design, install, test, and maintain production equipment
- Supervise production and shop operations
- Gather and analyze statistical data
- Research product, equipment, material, and methods
- Write technical reports
- Assist engineers and senior technicians
A mechanical engineering technician with a concentration in manufacturing may work in a:
- Consulting engineering firm
- Corporation or company
- Manufacturing facility
- Testing facility
- Governmental or educational agency
Income varies depending on the type of technician position. The median income for the U.S. is $49,290. The median income for the Memphis Metropolitan area is $44,000.
Southwest's employment rate for graduates of the mechanical engineering technology program generally exceeds 95 percent each year.
- Fully accredited programs by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Small classes for more personalized attention
- Flexible class schedules available at multiple campuses, centers, sites; and distance learning opportunities
- Affordable tuition
- Support services, including career counseling, free tutoring and career services, financial aid, job opportunity assistance and on-site child care services