M.O.S.T. - Men of Southwest Tennessee
MAYmester, Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 Tuition Assistance
Project M.O.S.T. has funds available to assist with MAYmester, summer 2020 and fall 2020 Tuition. Read and complete the criteria and application form carefully. For consideration, all forms must be completed and received by the dealines listed below for each semester. Forms are evaluated on a first-come first-served basis:
• MAYmester 2020 tuition assistance application - Available April 7, deadline May 11
• Summer I & II 2020 tuition assistance application - Available April 7, deadline May 26
• Fall 2020 tuition assistance application - Available on April 7, deadline August 14
You may submit your completed application via email attachment to email@example.com.
The Project M.O.S.T. program is grant-funded through the U.S. Department of Education's Predominantly Black Institutions (PBI) initiative and is designed to give preference and assistance to first-year African-American male students.
National studies reveal that statistically, college success rates among African-American male students are much lower than those of other ethnic groups and/or gender groups. Our country can't be satisfied with this statistic and think that it will continue to be competitive globally.
Every segment of the society must be prepared to make positive contributions toward establishing and maintaining a workforce that excels in terms of knowledge and quality output. To aid in this accomplishment, the M.O.S.T. program offers an excellent opportunity for our African-American male students to participate in a dynamic experience whereby they are supported through the following:
- A thorough battery of academic, career-interest, and barrier identification assessments
- Intensive case management services
- Monthly stipends
- Learning-support services
- Learning cohort support services
- Leadership training
Keep abreast of all of the upcoming events — check out the Student Events Calendar, digital monitors located around the college and like us on the M.O.S.T. Facebook (opens new window) page or the College Facebook (opens new window) page.