Southwest Baseball Players Commit to Four-Year Colleges/Universities
For more information, contact:
Seven members of the 2015 Southwest baseball team will be continuing their education and baseball career at a four-year college or university. Included on the list of signees/commitments are three pitchers, three infielders and one outfielder. They are:
- Mason Castile (Union University), an infielder from Killen, Alabama, batted .250 with 10 doubles and 12 runs batted in and led the team with 97 assists.
- Chad Collins (University of Tennessee-Martin), a left-handed pitcher from First Assembly Christian School, led the Saluqis' pitching staff with 64 innings pitched, 45 strikeouts and three complete games.
- Miguel Egea (Shorter College), an outfielder from Orlando, Florida, batted .308 with 32 runs scored and led the team with three triples, 20 walks, and 21 stolen bases.
- Vince Hoyt (Blue Mountain College), a first baseman from Holly Springs, Mississippi, led the Saluqis with a .398 batting average, 17 doubles, six home runs and 52 runs batted in.
- Matt McKinstry (University of Tennessee-Martin), a right-handed pitcher from White Station High School, posted a 4-1 record and his 2.82 earned run average was the team’s best among starting pitchers.
- Matt Mills (Christian Brothers University), a right-handed pitcher from First Assembly Christian School, tied for the team lead with four wins and 11 games started.
- Dylan Moore (Union University), an infielder from Savannah, Tennessee, batted .302 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 runs batted in.