COVID-19 SAFETY & PREVENTION
- "How to Make Your Own Face Covering with Surgeon General Jerome Adams" – YouTube Video (:45)
- "These DIY Face Mask Materials Are Best, According To Scientists"
- “Get the Facts on Coronavirus” – CBC/Radio-Canada Public Broadcast Service
- COVID-19 Safety Posters and Videos
- United States EPA Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19 - A listing of EPA-approved commercial chemical disinfectant products registered for use against the Novel Coronavirus.
- Tennessee Department of Health Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line: 877-857-2945
- TN TANF Emergency Cash Assistance for those impacted by COVID-19
Provides up to two months of cash assistance for those employed as of March 11, 2020, who have lost at least 50% of their earned income as a result of the pandemic and whose household includes a child under 18 or a pregnant woman. Please see eligibility guidelines on the website.
- Memphis Food Industry Worker Assistance
For service industry workers in Memphis impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- National Domestic Workers Alliance - Coronavirus Care Fund
Support for in-home care workers, nannies, and housecleaners during the coronavirus. Qualifying applicants who are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic can receive $400 in emergency assistance from the fund.
- One Fair Wage Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- PenFed COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief Program
Grant relief for 1 month of payment (up to $1,500) for rent, mortgage, auto payment, or utilities. available to eligible veterans, and current active-duty service members, reserves, and National Guard.
- Scholly COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
Up to $200 in cash assistance to help cover expenses during the pandemic.
- Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Program
Direct assistance for short-term needs for those employed by restaurants or bars who face unforeseen expenses and event.
- USBG National Charity Foundation Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
Emergency relief for bartenders and their families who have experienced a catastrophic event. You do not need to be a USBG member to apply for a grant.
- Mid-South Food Bank
Distributes food through a mobile food pantry to those experiencing food insecurity.
- MIFA Emergency
Location: 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126
- Memphis, Light, Gas & Water (MLGW)
Offers payment and assistance programs, as well as extension policies.
Location: 220 South Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
- Modest Needs
A non-profit organization that accepts online application for modest one-time financial assistance.
- Neighborhood Christian Center Memphis
Location: 785 Jackson Ave, Memphis, TN 38107
- Shelby County Community Services Agency
Provides assistance with bill and rent payments for low income homes, as well as up to $600 until funds are exhausted.
Location: 3772 S Hickory Ridge Mall #516 Memphis, TN 38115
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Works with up to a dozen local churches across the county to provide financial assistance for residents of Memphis.
Phone: 901-722-4703 or 901-274-2137
Location: 3522 Carnes Ave, Memphis, TN 38111
Welcome to Southwest Tennessee Community College. The Office of Admissions is here to help you begin your journey to the commencement stage, your dream career and beyond.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate or a veteran of the workforce, our friendly enrollment specialists will guide you through the admissions process to ensure Southwest is Your Best Choice!