Grants Development and Management
The Office of Institutional Advancement provides a variety of services including the research and identification of potential funding opportunities, writing, project development as well as project management and oversight. Since 2013, the Office of Institutional Advancement via grant awards has secured over $30 million thanks to the many faculty and staff partnering with Institutional Advancement on various grant initiatives.
There are two sections in the grants department via Institutional advancement.
- Research and develop grant opportunities for the College and
- Work as a team member with faculty and staff to write, compile, and submit grant applications. Remember, you are the expert in your field and your input is vital in composing a successful grant application.
- Obtain feedback from granting agencies about the quality of grant applications.
- When a grant is awarded to the College or Foundation, the grants office will conduct a post-award meeting to determine roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical assistance with grant reports and regulations.
- Records retention of all grant submissions and grants awarded to the College or Foundation.
We encourage all members of Southwest Tennessee Community College faculty and staff to explore funding opportunities or potential project ideas. The grants office needs content experts in virtually every area of our college to assist in the development of future projects. Please do not hesitate to contact us- if you know of or have found a grant opportunity, would like to discuss your project concept or need technical assistance in the administration of your grant award.