Coach Spencer and Student Development would like to thank the talented candidates who took the time to audition for the 2021-2022 Southwest Cheerleading and Dance Team.
I would like to thank Tamera Boyland and Phoenix Worthy who have helped to ensure we had a successful audition this year. I would also like to thank our judges who spent a great amount of time providing us with their professional opinions, talent, and expertise.
Audition results are posted below. All chosen candidates MUST attend a mandatory cheerleading orientation, which will be held on Wednesday, November 17th at 6pm in B106 at the Union Avenue Campus.
If you are not able to attend the orientation you must make arrangements with Coach Spencer, via email email@example.com prior to November 17th. Please note, failure to attend or make additional arrangements for orientation will automatically forfeit your position on the team.
We look forward to introducing our new team to the Southwest family and our wonderful fans!
We would like to congratulate the following candidates:
3, 6, 10, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20.
Southwest considers its cheerleaders to be elite representatives and ambassadors of the respective student body.
The primary role of a cheerleader is, first and foremost, to provide and promote spirit and enthusiasm in support of Southwest and its basketball teams. Equally important is our role to represent Southwest in a way that is reputable and representative of the college and its reputation. Ultimately, we are actively searching for diverse and outstanding student athletes with equally high standards and goals to serve as Southwest cheerleaders.
To be eligible for candidacy, the student must meet the following criteria:
- a cumulative GPA of 2.0 from either High School or College
- enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours at the time of tryouts
- must maintain at least six (6) hours during the semester
- must tryout
- must be in good standing with the college at all times
- all cheerleaders can only serve a maximum of two (2) academic years
- Basic tumbling skills
- At least two (2) years of cheerleading/dance or majorette experience
- Knowledge of basic cheerleading terminology
- A positive attitude
- Ladies: t-shirt or aerobics tank top, shorts or dance pants, sports-bra, socks, gym shoes
- Gentleman: t-shirt, shorts or workout pants, socks, gym shoes
- All fitness attire must be tasteful
If you are interested in becoming a Southwest cheerleader complete the form shown below. If you have any questions contact Student Development at 901-333-5380 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.