Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance (TECTA) financially supports early childhood providers taking college courses to earn a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or an Early Childhood Degree or Certificate.
The eligibility requirements for financial support are:
- Students must have completed a TECTA 30 hour Orientation (which is free).
- Students must work in an early childhood program in Tennessee.
- Students must be taking courses toward an early childhood credential, degree or certificate.
If you are working on your CDA Credential, the student portion of tuition is shown in the table below:
|ECED 2310 Safe, Healthy, Learning Environment||$50|
|ECED 2335 Initial Practicum||$50|
|ECED 2315 Early Childhood Curriculum||$50|
|ECED 2340 Family Dynamics and Community Involvement||$50|
Note: TECTA provides textbooks for these courses.
To apply for CDA scholarship funds, submit the following information to the TECTA office via fax or mail:
Note: Both packets contain a Instructions/Checklist, Application for Academic Financial Support, Student Information Form, and Student Request to Share Information.
At the Associate level:
TECTA pays 85 percent of the tuition. The student pays the remaining 15 percent.*
At the Baccalaureate level and above:
TECTA pays 85 percent of the tuition for one course. Additional assistance may be available as funds allow.*
- Summer 2021 Degree Seeking Students A.S. (Southwest)
- Packet contains:
- Tuition Assistance Check List for Degree Seeking Students
- Application for Academic Financial Support
- Student Information Form
- Student Request to Share Information
- Packet contains:
- Summer 2021 Degree Seeking Students B.A. (University of Memphis)
The appropriate packet above must be submitted each semester you request assistance. Tuition assistance cannot be processed without all of the documentation listed.