Technical Certificate Student Outcomes
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals technical certificate program is to emphasize the basic skills needed to begin a career in the computer engineering technology field. Designed for high school graduates or those entering industry for the first time, the program covers several essential areas. These areas include: introduction to engineering technology; computer systems applications such as word processing and spreadsheets; hardware/software essentials; introduction to electric circuits; digital circuits; introduction to programming.
The Industrial Computer Fundamentals student will have demonstrated the following attributes upon graduation:
- PO-1 Students will demonstrate the ability to author quality technical reports that follow the guidelines established by the program.
- PO-2 Students will demonstrate the ability to deliver oral presentations that follow the guidelines established by the program.
- PO-3 Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of the Windows operating system and application programs; including Word, Excel, Visio, and software development tools.
- PO-4 Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of the C++ programming language including software troubleshooting.
- PO-5 Students will demonstrate the ability to measure signals and troubleshoot circuits by means of a digital multi-meter, digital oscilloscope, and a logic probe.
- PO-6 Students will demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of a variety of digital circuits and number systems.
- PO-7 Students will demonstrate the ability to build a computer system component-by-component, install the operating system and application software, and test and maintain an existing computer system.
- PO-8 Students will demonstrate the ability to solve technical problems in basic DC circuits using a scientific calculator.
Our department periodically reviews these objectives and as part of this review process, encourages comments from all interested parties: current students, alumni, prospective students, faculty, teaching assistants, those who hire or admit our graduates to other programs, members of related professional organizations, and colleagues from other educational institutions. Please send comments to our program coordinator, Janet Sykes, email@example.com.
Last updated: January 27, 2020
- Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate Student Outcomes
- Advantages of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate
- Computer Engineering Technology A.A.S. Enrollment Profile
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Enrollment Profile