Computer Engineering Technology Degree Outcomes
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Computer Engineering Technology program is to prepare computer engineering technicians to pursue careers in the design, fabrication, and maintenance of digital systems. The program focuses on the theory and application of computer hardware and software. Students in this program study electric/electronic circuit analysis, digital circuits design and analysis, programming in multiple computer languages, microprocessor/microcontroller interfacing, digital communication, and computer systems and networks. Graduates are employed in areas such as computer hardware/software development and testing, digital systems design and testing, computer network installation and maintenance, and computer systems installation and maintenance.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, Computer Engineering Technology students are expected to:
- EO-1 attain successful and productive computer engineering technology or related careers with attention to ethical standards and effective communication;
- EO-2 engage in life-long learning activities, such as continued studies and/or professional workshops and conferences; and,
- EO-3 engage in professional service, such as participation in a professional society and/or community service.
Our department periodically reviews these objectives and as part of this review process, encourages comments from all interested parties: current students, alumni, prospective students, faculty, teaching assistants, those who hire or admit our graduates to other programs, members of related professional organizations, and colleagues from other educational institutions. Please send comments to our program coordinator, Janet Sykes, email@example.com.
Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes must support ETAC/ABET Engineering Technology criteria 1-5 and ETAC/ABET Computer Engineering Technology program criteria outcomes.
ETAC/ABET Engineering Technology Criteria for Accrediting Engineering Technology Programs, https://www.abet.org/accreditation/accreditation-criteria/criteria-for-accrediting-engineering-technology-programs-2019-2020/
- SO-1 an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- SO-2 an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- SO-3 an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- SO-4 an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results
- SO-5 an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team;
- SO-6 application of electric circuits, computer programming, associated software applications, analog and digital electronics, microcontrollers, operating systems, local area networks, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and associated software systems; and,
- SO-7 application of natural sciences and mathematics at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and associated software systems.
Our department periodically reviews these outcomes and as part of this review process, encourages comments from all interested parties: current students, alumni, prospective students, faculty, teaching assistants, those who hire or admit our graduates to other programs, members of related professional organizations, and colleagues from other educational institutions. Please send comments to our program coordinator, Janet Sykes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 27, 2020
- Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate Student Outcomes
- Advantages of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate
- Computer Engineering Technology A.A.S. Enrollment Profile
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Enrollment Profile