Southwest scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds and may not be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is required for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest including scholarships. You must complete a FAFSA application even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Scholarships are available for students studying commercial, digital, woodwind, or classical music.
- Student must have a grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Student must be a music major.
- Student must have been enrolled in a theory course, private lessons or an ensemble.
- Student must have demonstrated performance excellence in Student Concerts and Private Lesson Juries.
- Student must exhibit leadership qualities at Southwest Tennessee Community College as well as in the community at large.
- Student must have recommendation from all members of the music faculty.
- Student must audition with the appropriate voice/piano instructor(s) before the first day of class.
- Scholarship monies are to be applied only to music classes.
- Student must maintain a 2.5 GPA in music courses during the semester in which the scholarship is given in order to be considered for scholarship monies in subsequent semesters.
- Complete the additional Music Application Form which must be typed, signed and dated.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15. Spring applicants should request a supplemental application from the Foundation Office no later than Jan. 9.
The Scholarships will be reviewed and sent to the Music Excellence Scholarship Committee. Applicants will be expected to attend a personal interview and an audition.
- Foundation Office
- Macon Cove Campus Farris Building, Room 3002
- HOPE (TELS) Scholarship