Scholarships offered to Southwest students can be awarded through: The Southwest Tennessee Community College Foundation or The Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarships (TELS) also known as the HOPE Scholarship. Scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, so not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships. Go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Listed below are scholarships awarded annually. Find criteria for applying for each scholarship by selecting the scholarship link. Please read criteria carefully and select the name(s) of the scholarship(s) for which you wish to be considered on the Scholarship Application.
Please read the following criteria carefully.
Note: The number of scholarships available includes awards being renewed for second-year recipients.
- Complete all needed sections of the scholarship application and attach a copy of your high school or college transcript. Failure to complete a section may result in disqualification.
- The Southwest Scholarship Committee will make their selections in early May. Those who are selected will be notified by email or by phone. Those not selected will remain in the pool of applicants for scholarships that may open later in the year.
- Entering freshmen must apply for admission before the beginning of the selection process (March 15). The Scholarship Committee will not consider applications from students who have not applied for admission.
- All scholarships require full-time attendance unless otherwise noted.
- All scholarships are for one year unless otherwise noted.
- The scholarship application with reference letters, if required, must be received by March 15 unless noted.
- Southwest will keep scholarship applications on file in the event more scholarships become available during the academic year.
Review the list of available scholarships. Apply for the scholarship(s) for which you wish to be considered by selecting the name(s) of the scholarship(s) on the Scholarship Application.
Note: All the scholarships listed might not cover full tuition.
Scholarships Index (Alphabetical)
- Academic Departmental Scholarship
- Allied Health Sciences Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship--Full-time Student
- Alumni Scholarship--Part-time Student
- Arkansas State University Transfer Scholarship
- Minnie Ash/IL Smart.com Endowed Scholarship
- Ashford-Ashworth Southwest Scholarship
- AutoZone Endowed Scholarship
- CA One Hospitality Technical Scholars Scholarship
- Joe Y. Calhoun Memorial Book Scholarship
- Career Certification Scholarship
- Christian Brothers University Transfer Scholarship
- Pam Cobb Memorial Endowed Paralegal Scholarship Fund
- College Ready Scholarship for Health Care Majors Guidelines
- Col. Robert W. Dobbs Memorial Scholarship
- Complete College Scholarship
- Dr. David Darnall Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Gregory E. Maksi Scholarship
- Drs. Nathan and Lorene Essex Scholarship
- Dr. Ozz Chemistry Book Fund
- Fred L. Davis Scholarship
- Department of Fine Arts Scholarship
- Tommy and Suzy Deutsch Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Dual Enrollment Fayette Scholarship
- Faculty Senate Scholarship
- William (Bill) and Jimmie W. Farris Endowed Scholarship
- First Horizon Foundation Business and Legal Studies Endowed Scholarship
- Follett General Scholarship
- Foundation Book Scholarship
- Frayser Exchange Club Book Scholarship
- Estelle Johnson and Archie Landey Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- John A. Landey Memorial Complete College Scholarship
- Bessie Lee Neal Memorial Scholarship
- Frances Cleo Long Scholarship
- Earnestine Lowe Scholarship
- Paramedic Student Scholarship
- Nathaniel Parker Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Nathaniel Parker Jr. Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Drs. Jess H. and Norma Parrish Scholarship Endowment
- Mandy C. Powell Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Luis C. Prieto Jr., M.D. Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Project Finish Line Scholarship
- Saint Francis Hospital Auxiliary Endowment Scholarship
- David C. Scott Memorial Scholarship
- Earl and Gwen Sears Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- Walter K. Singleton U.S.M.C. Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Brenda A.B. Smith Book Scholarship
- Lilliette J. Smith Scholarship
- Drs. Maxine and Vasco Smith Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Smith & Nephew Orthpaedic Endowed Scholarship
- Smith Radiology Technology Scholarship
- Society of Information Managers (SIM) Scholarship
- Southwest Foundation Board Scholarship
- Southwest Tennessee Academic Service Scholarship
- Southwest Tennessee Community College Student Book Scholarship
- Student Government Association (SGA) Book Scholarship
- Sun Trust Scholarship
- Carl E. Swoboda, Sr. Acct Technical Certificate Scholarship
- Elsie Mae Swoboda AAS Acct Computer Concentration Scholarship
- Mr. & Mrs. Joe Tate Endowed Scholarship
- Robert Earl Tate Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Charles and Patra Temple Endowed Scholarship
- Darrell & La Tina Thomas Endowed Scholarship
- John L. Thornton Memorial Scholarship