Non-Degree-Seeking Student Checklist
Are you a prospective student who is not seeking a degree? Follow the checklist below to become a non-degree Saluqi.
Note: Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid.
Most required documents can be uploaded to the Admissions Documents/Forms Upload page. Use your My.Southwest student portal login or create an account to upload documents. Transcripts loaded here will not be considered official. Official college transcripts must come directly from the institution.
- Click on My.Southwest (located in the top nav bar of every Southwest webpage).
- In the Secure Access Login box, choose “First Time Users.”
- Enter the correct information in the boxes.
- Your username will appear, example: “jsmith” or “jsmith2”
- To set up your Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat step 1 and enter your username and password to log in.
If you need technical help, call the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Some courses have prerequisites — courses you must complete ahead of the course you would like to take. You must provide proof of successfully completing the prerequisites for any courses you are interested in taking. Proof can be an unofficial college transcript, test scores, etc. Those documents can be uploaded here.
Some non-degree programs might require an official high school transcript or GED-HiSet results. These official documents cannot be uploaded; they must be sent directly to the Southwest Admissions office.
Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for financial aid through Southwest.
Non-degree seeking students are not assigned advisors and are responsible for class selection. You can proceed directly to registration. If you encounter a prerequisite error, you must submit the proof of prerequisite to the Admissions office. To register for classes, log onto your My.Southwest student portal and select Registration/Online Services.
Non-degree-seeking students who later change to a degree-seeking status will be required to submit more admissions documents.
Questions? Call Admissions at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: October 6, 2020
- First-Time Freshman Students
- Dual Enrollment (High School) Students
- International Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Transient (Visiting) Students