Active Shooter Training
We want to enhance preparedness through a "whole community" approach by providing training, for active shooter awareness, incident response, and workplace violence. In many cases, there is no pattern or method to the selection of victims by an active shooter, and these situations are by their very nature unpredictable and evolve quickly.
AVOID starts with your state of mind.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Have an exit plan.
- Move away from the source of the threat as quickly as possible.
- The more distance and barriers between you and the threat, the better.
DENY when getting away is difficult or maybe even impossible.
- Keep distance between you and the source.
- Create barriers to prevent or slow down a threat from getting to you.
- Turn the lights off.
- Remain out of sight and quiet by hiding behind large objects and silence your phone.
DEFEND because you have the right to protect yourself.
- If you cannot Avoid or Deny be prepared to defend yourself.
- Be aggressive and committed to your actions.
- Do not fight fairly. THIS IS ABOUT SURVIVAL.
Please view our active shooter training playlist below to learn more.
To navigate the playlist and choose individual videos within the playlist, please click the icon with the three lines at the far left top of the video viewing area.
- Active Shooter Training
- Campus Handgun Concealed Carry Information
- Campus Safety Technician
- Clery Report
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program
- Emergency Information
- Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Messaging System
- Emergency Phone Locations
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Map to Temporary Police Services Office on Macon
- Parking Decal
- Patrol Division
- RAVE Emergency Messaging System
- Safety Tips
- TBI Sex Offender Locator
- Traffic Appeals
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Video Assisted Escort/Parking