Vehicle Registration and Bicycles
- Students and employees eligible to operate vehicles on campus or designated center sites of the College must register their vehicles in the Police Services/Public Safety Department.
- Any individual who obtains vehicle registration by misrepresentation will be subject to disciplinary and/or administrative action.
- Employee parking permits will be issued to employees each year for a campus access fee of $30 per year.
- Students and employees having a bona fide disability (permanent or temporary) must register their vehicle with the Campus Police Office.
- Visitors may obtain a guest parking permit from the sponsor of the activity in which they are involved. Regular visitors may obtain a temporary permit from the Campus Police Office. Visitors must adhere to all College parking regulations. Visitor's violations will be charged to the visitor and/or the person who authorized the permit. The visitor/guest permit must be displayed by hanging from the rearview mirror.
- To be considered properly registered, a vehicle must have a College parking permit
displayed as follows:
- Cars, trucks, vans – The permit must be displayed by hanging from the rearview mirror with the printed information visible through the windshield.
- Motorcycles and motorbikes – The permit will be permanently affixed to the windshield, headlamp, or gas tank in a position where it is readily visible.
- Non-registered vehicles are not permitted to park in any College parking facility unless a temporary permit is obtained in accordance with section above.
- Bicycles need not be registered.
- Bicycle riding is considered regular traffic.
- Bicycle riding is not allowed on campus sidewalks or grounds.
- Bicycles shall be parked in designated areas.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside any college building.
Parking/Registration Permit (Parking Decals)
Currently, enrolled students are required to have a parking decal and park in a correctly colored parking area. Decals are valid for one academic year through the Macon Cove or Union Avenue Campus Police Services/Public Safety Office.
How to get your parking decal (students and employees)
- Log into your My.Southwest home page.
- Locate the Parking Decal icon (see icon at left) on your page.
- Click the Parking Decal icon and completely fill out the form.
- If you currently have a parking permit, select ‘Renew,’ or if this is your first parking permit, select ‘New’.
- If you need a handicap validation sticker, upload the applicable documents.
- Sign electronically and click ‘Submit’. Your decal will be mailed to the address on file in 7-10 business days. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Police Services and Public Safety.
Your decal will be mailed to the address on file in 7-10 business days. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Police Services and Public Safety.
Police Services/Public Safety Locations
|Farris Building, Room 1107
|Parrish Building, Room 107
- Active Shooter Training
- Campus Handgun Concealed Carry Information
- Campus Safety Technician
- Clery Report
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program
- Emergency Information
- Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Messaging System
- Emergency Phone Locations
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Map to Temporary Police Services Office on Macon
- Parking Decal
- Patrol Division
- RAVE Emergency Messaging System
- Safety Tips
- TBI Sex Offender Locator
- Traffic Appeals
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Video Assisted Escort/Parking