Registering for Classes
New, continuing and transfer students must meet with a Southwest academic advisor before registering. Your advisor can help you select courses that fit your major and degree timeline. All students are urged to speak with an advisor. However, students marked as non-degree seeking are not required to see an advisor.
Note: Students using PC191, State Employee, or Elderly/Disabled forms must register during the accepted Fee Waiver/Discount Dates. If you register before this time, your classes might be deleted.
You must resolve any holds on your account before registering. Please talk to the correct departments to remove any holds.
Using My.Southwest you can:
- Add and drop classes
- View class offerings
- View holds
- View unofficial transcripts
- View academic progress and final grades
- View personal information
- View class schedule
- View account balance
How to Register
This video can walk you through the steps for registering online: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqfbDFZZvB/
To register online:
- Log into My.Southwest by entering your Student username and password. Then, click Login.
- Once the page opens click on Registration/On-Line Services (the globe in the upper left corner)
- Log into the Microsoft Login using your entire Southwest email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Click Student.
- Click Registration.
- Click on Select Term. Then choose the correct term from the drop down menu and click Submit. (Spring: Jan.-May, Fall: Aug.-Dec., Summer: May-July)
- Click on Look Up Classes.
- Click “Advanced Search,” select a subject and type a course number. You may filter by location, class start time, and class end time.
- Choose your class and click Register (Add to Worksheet for Support classes) then click Class Search to add more classes.
- To view your schedule, click on Student Detail Schedule.
Note: New students must see an advisor before registering for classes.
- Academic Calendar
- Admissions Checklists
- Auditing a Course
- Interactive Course Scheduler
- Change of Registration (Drop/Add/Withdraw)
- Canceled, Closed and Dropped Classes
- Cashier’s Office
- Citizenship/Eligibility Verification
- Financial Aid
- How To Read the Schedule
- Immunization Requirements
- Laptop Loan Program
- New Student Orientation (NSO)
- My.Southwest Student Portal
- Southwest Identification (ID) Cards
- Traffic and Parking Regulations