Our greatest mission at Southwest is helping students gain satisfying and profitable careers by equipping them with the necessary tools to succeed in today’s workforce. As we Reimagine Southwest, one of our goals is to ensure that we are blurring...
Earlier this month President Tracy D. Hall sent an email to each faculty member asking for their help to keep students moving forward. She asked every faculty member to incorporate into their lectures a brief video presentation on applying for a...
Southwest Tennessee Community College President Dr. Tracy D. Hall and senior leadership convened the College’s first virtual Town Hall-Legislative Edition Aug. 25, 2020, to update state legislators on Southwest’s pandemic response and its Back...
Southwest faculty and administration participated in an exciting and transformational leadership retreat to reimagine Southwest Aug. 7. President Tracy D. Hall invited the group to her second annual President’s Leadership Retreat to engage in...
Congratulations to Southwest’s stellar thespians and members of the new Associate of Fine Arts program on winning four prestigious Ostrander Awards out of eight nominations in the Collegiate Division for the February 2020 production of Lorraine...
Congratulations to all the outstanding student-scholar winners of the 2020 Honors Convocation. This time-honored academic tradition, presented by the Office of High Impact Practices and Innovation, celebrates the outstanding achievements, leadership...
In This Issue...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT: Where education, training and business merge
- FACULTY NEWS: President Hall asks faculty to help TN Reconnect students keep moving forward
- President’s Leadership Retreat focuses on reimagining student success
- Southwest convenes first virtual legislative town hall
- STUDENT NEWS: New AFA program nets four Memphis Ostrander awards
- STUDENT NEWS: Honors Convocation salutes perseverance during pandemic
- STUDENT NEWS: Project M.O.S.T. takes students on virtual trip to Africa
- STUDENT NEWS: Southwest launches National Society of Leadership and Success chapter
- Welcome aboard, new team members
- STAFF KUDOS: Chief L. Angela Webb appointed to international committee for campus public safety
- STAFF KUDOS: Dr. Mary Palmer touts benefits of outdoor learning in Science and Education article
- FACULTY NEWS: Join the Academic Master Plan conversation in October
- FACULTY NEWS: Southwest rolls out faculty externship program
- FACULTY KUDOS: Dr. Eddie Baker appointed chair of business and technologies department
- FACULTY KUDOS: Cisco Networking Academy recognizes Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith as top level instructors
- Adjunct Appreciation Awards go virtual
- Faculty and Staff Awards reward attendees with spectacular multi-media program
- Fall Convocation features student poetry and budget outlook
- Center for Access awarded $50,000 SERS grant; plans autism camp
- Virtual Data & Equity Conference offers insights on equity inside and outside the classroom
- Reimagine Southwest online!
- Want to help Reimagine Southwest? Join a governance council!
- Mandatory annual Title IX training begins Oct. 12
- ITS launches security awareness campaign; mandatory training to come
- College officials mobilize to promote health and safety in wake of COVID-19 cases
- Local health department impressed with campus safety measures
- Southwest launches COVID-19 activity dashboard
- ‘Tis the season for a flu shot
- FROM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: How to spot fake work-at-home job offers
- SPECIAL TO SCOOP: Avoid COVID-19 phishing scams
- SALUQI CORNER: Student-athletes score big at TCCAA achievement awards
- Southwest: In the News