Engineering Technologies offers seven Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ETAC/ABET) accredited engineering technology programs. All programs are regularly reviewed to assure that the region's employment needs are being met. It is anticipated that new and modified programs and certificates will be added as the community's needs are assessed.
Programs of Study
Associate of Applied Science Degrees [A.A.S.]
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Advantages of the Technical Certificate
- Quick path to a high-tech career in less than one year
- Affordable classes
- Eighty percent of certificate courses transfer to a higher academic degree (associate and bachelors)
- Continue high-tech career while earning substantial income and valuable work experience
- State-of-the-art equipment and software endorsed by major Mid-South companies and accreditation organizations
- Classes during days, evenings, and on Saturdays
Five different one-year technical certificates provide a quick path to a high tech career. The technical certificate is a great way to quickly get the skills needed for an entry level technical position. Once the certificate is earned, the student has the opportunity of continuing his/her education while working in the high-tech industry. Check out the advantages of the technical certificate.
- Advanced Machining
- Architectural/Construction Fundamentals
- Electrical/Electronic Fundamentals
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals
- Machining Fundamentals
- Mechanical/Manufacturing CAD
- Quality Assurance
Program and Course Information
To find out more about courses offered at Southwest, you can use our Catalog Search to view descriptions of our courses or the Interactive Course Schedule to see when and where a class is being offered.